Follow the Litre...of Cola


Well, I told you I made sausage all day on monday.  I don't know how many more times I am going to do that all by myself.  it's a little bit of an undertaking.  I think I spent about 4 hours doing all of it (20 lbs!).  I did get quite a bit of kielbasa and linguica out of it though. Don't get me wrong, I love sausage more than anything. It's just that after doing that much, I'm over it for a while.  Good thing I bought that freezer...
To the foods:  The sausage dish is German meal revisited (aka, the Reitz stuff).  Wife was telling me that I would have been pals with her gramps.  They used to invite everyone over and make tubs full of sausages, which makes me agree wholeheartedly.  The other dish is a variation on my teriyaki bowl.  Since it is glorious blood orange season, I decided to make a little blood orange teriyaki sauce.  This particular bowl has some flaked salmon, sauteed snow peas, and collard green chiffonade.  I have really been digging the collard greens lately.  Most times, you just think of braising them or whatever, but I have been trying to get the most out of them.  This way was a pretty big hit.  Topped the bowl with some segmented blood oranges, it was a nice finish to round out the fatty (that's good fat, fools!) salmon. serve it over jasmine rice and digs.
other newsworthy news:  I added a "follow this blog" tab to the page.  So, sign up...all the cool kids are doing it.  
DISH recommends:
Cuisinart 4 cup rice cooker.  I know, it's kind of an extravagance, but I like having a rice cooker, dagnabit!  also nice that it has a warming feature so you don't make krispies...around 50 smackers.  www.cutleryandmore.com
Blood orange teriyaki sauce:
juice of 2 blorange
2-3 tbs oyster sauce
couple healthy dashes soy
1-ish tbs sugar
combine all this glorious stuff in a bowl, and mix well, then reduce in a very hot pan until desired consistency achieved.  try it, you won't regret.

No comments: