"It's a classic Chicken, Egg Situation."


Sooo...which one of these dishes came first?  The debate continues.  I had purchased some chicken the other day, and cut the breast meat up into paillards (basically, thin chicken strips).  sauteed them up and threw in some of the chicken stock I made a couple of days ago. excellent.  After the chicken was close to done, I set it aside and then deglazed the pan with some vermouth and after a few minutes, added a shot or two of heavy cream.  Makes for a pretty delicious gravy.  I know that sugar snap peas are not in season, but I don't care.  I love those things.  I like to eat them raw, like candy.  not that you eat candy in a raw state, I'm just saying...
Brought some brioche home the other day.  We had made a test batch for a restaurant that might start ordering it.  I don't particularly like brioche, but it makes the best french toast.  Paired up with some smoked gouda scrambies and some peaches that my mom put up this summer.  More posts, must...keep...typing...
DISH recommends:
cuisinart chef's classic nonstick open skillet with helper handle.  Amazon.com around $60.  This is the one I go to for sautéing meat, big batches of scrambies, giant fritattas, hashbrowns, etc. Just remember to use plastic or wooden utensils. Very, very good skillet to have around.

1 comment:

Angela said...

YOU DON'T LIKE BROICHE (except in the form of donuts and french toast)??? my friend, i must try to change your mind! if there's one thing i love, it's a loaf of broiche. i'll make one for you and see what happens.

as per your inquiry about a sausage party...you know i'm down, boy!