Let us Leif



Apparently, it was the week of stews around here.  Actually, these were pretty spaced out, it just seems like that.  I took my camera to work on saturday, so the bread pic is just some of the breads that are available on a typical saturday.  Now that the market is over, selection has gone down a bit. I made a beef stew the other night because it was so darn cold.  Really, Really cold.  Scarf weather.  Pretty basic, just beef, tates, carrots, shrooms, etc.  I did use a bottle of Leffe in there, which made it super exquisite.  The other stew is made out of brats, potatoes, sun dried tomatoes, and kale.  Of course, there are onions and garlic, celery also.  I finally feel like I am starting to get some more rest now, so things should be swinging back to more of a normal state.  I shall resume riding to work (unless it gets below 18 degress), and hopefully, be a more frequent poster.  I am going to try something new this week.  The plan: To eat only salads at lunchtime.  no, not taco salads, or bacon and egg salads, or even potato salads.  Just veggie salads.  I had been feeling like I hadn't been getting enough veg in my diet, and i bought a lot of lettuces, (mixed baby greens) so I thought that it would be a good way to experiment, and to get some vitamins all at once.  I know what you are thinking:  How could such a carnivorous beast make this resolution?  I know, that's what I thought at first, however, I think that it will be a really good opportunity for me to come up with some sweet dressings and such.  So far, its day two and I am liking it!  (erin, you should be proud)  more posts...

No comments: