Whoa...Whoa...Whoa, pump the brakes, son!

ok, so it's been forever since I last posted something.  I have an excuse...trust me.  Last week I worked 78.5 hours.  yes, you read that right, almost 80 hours in one crazy, exhausting, ridiculous week.  7 days straight, with almost 12 hours (sometimes longer) every shift. i still haven't had a day off yet (Not until thursday and then I go on vacation!) and I am somewhat surprised that I am still able to function.  It was rough, there were a couple of times where martha and I were so tired that we got the sillies and were laughing uncontrollably.  I think, for the most part, that we did an awesome job this past week.  It was definitely a challenge, but we overcame it and I think that we became better bakers for it.  Amy even came in on sunday to help out.  I don't think that she will be seeking a career as a baker anytime soon:)  She said we were crazy for liking that job, but she was a great help to me in that one set of footprints time.  The other thing about this last week that rocked is we have been eating like kings at the bakery.  We got sick of making sandwiches all the time so we started bringing in different vegetables and making things with eggs to snack on.  Tasty squared.  To the food:  This picture is from last monday when we had our friend angela over for dinner.(she is going to watch buster while we are on vacation, he can't wait.)  I shredded some red cabbage and sauteed it with thinly sliced onion, salt and peps, a little sugar and some balsamic.  I also grilled some super thin pork chops and made a gastrique (reduction of balsamic vinegar and pomegranate juice) to drizzle over the meat.  The potatoes are simple roasted tates with heavy cream and parmesan.  Pretty good food all around.  ok, more posts...

No comments: