"My Specs!" or "I made this for my soul, but it ended up in my stomach."

It was a sad day yesterday.  It started out alright.  I was coming off of that huevos rancheros high, and everything was super sweet.  I had just finished showering and went to grab some lotion out of the cupboard when it slipped out of my hands and smashed my glasses beyond repair.  The snapped right in the middle of the frame.  I froze.  those glasses were about 7 years old, I think.  They were like a friend.  We had been through a lot together.  Also, I always seemed to get complements on them (they were blue, but looked purple in the sunlight.)  I felt (and according to wife, looked) like ralphie after the icicle smashed his glasses (come on, haven't you seen a Christmas Story?).  We tried to tape them in the middle, and add even more nerdy prowess to my look, but they fell apart with little to no movement on my part.  So, I had to bite the bullet and get a new pair of frames.  they are growing on me.  Actually, they are really nice.  I didn't realize how scratched my others were and I was past due for a new pair of lenses, so it was a blessing in disguise...a 300 dollar blessing (I had to also get an eye exam before I could get glasses...sadface)  So, what do you do when you are super bummered? No, not "Orange mocha frappacino."  You make a big pot of chicken noodle soup...creamy.  Improved my mood greatly and was quite comforting.  I have given this recipe to my family and it is one of their (especially my brothers) favsies.  
In other ventures...I will be trying to do a lot with puff pastry here in the next few days so expect some flaky, buttery postings.  toodles.

No comments: