It's like Christmas...Only the presents are wrapped in chicken!

I was really craving a triple threat last night (starch/veg/protein), but I wanted to do something a little bit different.  I thought that roulades sounded good and I had some chicken so I put two and two together and pretty much rocked the house...hard.  If you have never made roulades before you should give it a go.  All you need to do is flatten some meat (in this case chicken) with something heavy (meat tenderizer/big ladle/can of soup) until you get about a 1/4 inch thickness; then, you can put whatever you want in it, roll it up and secure it with a toothpick.  I filled mine with some black forest ham, fresh basil leaves, and some semi-firm goat cheese.  Dredge the roulades in some seasoned flour and then saute in olive oil until golden, finishing them off in a 400 degree oven, if needed.  I served mine with some sauteed zucchini/squash/onion and some oven fries.
Going to see anthony bourdain tonight.  Should be pretty good.  I am going to be really tired for work though.  Oh well.  Sometimes I think that you have to do stuff like that.  I think it keeps you young...or makes you feel old, I can't decide:)  Garden season is pretty much over.  I didn't get as many tomatoes as I would have liked, but I don't really think that anyone did.  It was an incredibly mild summer.  I can only really remember one week where it was miserable.  Still haven't made any progress on the puff, puff, pastry tour.  I have been super busy at work.  You could even say I've been busy to the limit....kah!  Anyway, I had better go to bed.  I want to try and get as much sleep as I can.  Hope to be posting some tasties soon. peace

No comments: