I was just going to have oatmeal, but I think I changed my mind


I wanted a really savory breakfast yesterday, and I just happened to have all the ingredients for croque madames.  Basically, it is a broiled sandwich consisting of thick slices of bread (brioche is very popular on these but I just used whole wheat because that's what I had laying around) spread with bechamel, one slice topped with ham and the other topped with cheese and then broiled.  after the cheese is melted, the pieces go on top of each other and then one more layer of béchamel on the top and then back into the broiler for a minute or so and finally topped with a fried egg.  I actually put a tomato slice underneath the egg because I love the whole tomato egg combo.  It makes for a very nice, good-looking breakfast.
Wife and I have figured out a basic layout for the book, as far as photo spreads and such and I have been trying to be diligent on spending as much time as I can on it,  It's tough though, there are so many things that I want to get done during the day that it is hard to concentrate on sitting down and typing.  Only two more markets left at work, which means that vacation is rapidly approaching!  I am really excited to visit some places in oregon.  I have been looking forward to it for a long time now.  It will be great to get some much needed time to relax.  Well, gotta go. Lots to do and little time to do it. peace

No comments: