Tell it to the one-legged man...

Finally got around to making some tostadas.  It is fast becoming a favorite for us which is good because it is really easy.  We have tried lots of different meat choices in these and they have all been pretty tasty.  I always saute some onion, garlic, and peppers with cumin, chile powder, coriander, salt, and pepper.  After that has cooked a bit, I add my meat and get some nice color, then tomatoes/tomato sauce and some stock.  Let it reduce until thick and then mix in some chopped cilantro.  Toppings are up to you but we usually do some avocado and maybe cheese/salsa.

Also, a word to the wise:  DO NOT TRY TO HEAT THE TOSTADAS IN A TOASTER.  Smoke, flames, etc.  It was a big stank mess.  I don't know what I was thinking.  In fact, I think my mom did the same thing and even told me about it.  Anyway, use a toaster oven or skillet or whatever.  

The insects are leaving my veg alone, finally.  Although, I am a bit apprehensive about the whole pesticide deal.  It'll probably wreak havoc on my endocrine system, but then again, so will drinking out of a nalgene bottle and I still do that.  Fearless...

No comments: