My new stove is the size of an easter island head...with a pop out chin that you can cook on, BOOYAH!



ok seriously?!? SERIOUSLY!! I know, I know...I'll wait for it to sink in...
There I was, rounding the corner into my new prospective kitchen, and turned around only to have my heart sink down to the murky deeps of dishland. I felt jittery, apprehensive, and totally confused (just like that time I called "miss cleo" after that cappucino/powdered doughnut/lotto ticket binge, and considering my track record with that one, I was not optimistic...) about this beast of chrome, glass, and "Infinite heat" (click on the pics, you'll see...). I had seen the fridge in pictures posted online and was pretty hopeful since it was stainless steel. I thought that maybe I would luck out and the range/oven, would be somewhat of a match to the fridge. No, and also no...infinity. You should also know that this sucker is recessed into the wall and has oven doors that open up like a delorean. So, even with all that said...there is a tiny part of me (like "pinky toe" tiny) that is excited for this challenge. I should also mention that it may or may not work to full capacity:)
DISH recommends: rival crock pot. This is my backup plan. at least until we start to remodel. I'm going to try and tinker with that beasty but if I can't get it working, I always have crocky and webster to rely on (of course I name my kitchen appliances, don't act surprised.) prices vary, along with bells and whistles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. Just... wow. It doesn't even look like an oven, really. And those burners! WTH?

A challenge, indeed. :)

mc

Chris said...

Awesome!!! That brings back some memories.

Green said...

It scares me a little, you should probably wear a hoop skirt and frilly apron when you cook in there... you don't want to make it feel threatened.

foxspit said...

So mod! It's far out!