Flu Bug Zapper or I figured out how to Hyperlink!



WOW!  Last week I was really, really sick.  In fact, I would say that I am just now getting above the 80% range.  I caught some weird sort of flu bug or something.  It felt like food poisoning, but I hadn't gone out and wife was not sick from eating the same food (at home).  Oh well, the important thing is that I am on the mend and back to posting some tasty pics.   
The pasta dish is from early last week.  I made some crab and red bell pepper alfredo.  It sounds really heavy and rich but actually was on the lighter side. The soup picture is what I made last night, I had a ton of veg knocking around the fridge and needed an easy way to use all of it. I used some onions, leeks, celery, carrots, celery root, potatoes, pablano peppers, orange and red bell peppers, anaheim peppers, collard greens, and green beans.  the broth was a veg stock/tomato juice combo.  It turned out really well.  Probably very vitamintastic!  The last photo was just me peeling a bunch of apples.  I made some apple cinnamon muffins for amy to take to a work party.  I am still tweaking the recipe a little, but once I finish it, I will be sure to post ( I think I need to cut back on the apples).
other newsworthy newsage:  I made up a word last night. We were visiting with my brother and sister-in-law, talking about falling asleep in cars.  I was talking about how when I am in a car and it hits the interstate I fall asleep, when this gem of a word came out of my mouth:  "carcolepsy"- a sudden, coma-like affliction of sleep, induced by riding in an automobile.  Don't steal it!  Use it, by all means, but it's mine...I think.

DISH recommends:
Mac 2.5 in. curved peeling knife.  Also known as a tourne knife, or bird's beak peeler.  Traditionally, this kind of knife is used for tourneed vegetables, but it makes a pretty handy peeler.  around 25-30 bucks.  check it out here!

1 comment:

bllloooooooooggggg said...

whats up dude. nice blog. good foods. make me some super dank vegetarian shit.