Why do people walk in twos? You give 'em four feet!

That was my first memory of portland.  Some crazy lady yelled that sentence to us on our first walk downtown.
I don't have any picture to post just yet.  I need to load the software for my new camera onto the computer.  Suffice it to say that I had an amazing time in oregon.  There was so much to see and so many things to do there.  Plus, it was amazing to just relax and take in the surroundings. i tried a lot of new things, foodwise, including rabbit, latkes, moroccan food (yes, we ate with our hands, sans utensils) blood sausage, oysters, and roasted grapes (weird, huh?).  amazing, AMAZING, coffee and espresso, great beer, and the best public transportation I have ever seen.  I also had sausages that were on a par with my own, so that was really nice.  
We walked almost everywhere, sometimes taking the light rail and trolley.  I think that we figured we had walked about 30 miles.  Ten of those felt like they were straight up.  We also saw a japanese garden and a chinese garden, both of which were stunningly beautiful and made you feel like you were not in the states.  
There was a jewish deli that we ate at almost every day that we were there.  They had awesome breakfasts that I am still thinking about (and still full from!)  Their corned beef hash had big chunks of brisket and potato with caramelized onions and tomatoes.  I had a hard time veering away from that stuff.  We celebrated our birthdays while we were down there.  I bought wife a sweet pair of boots that she had actually been wanting for a long time (we were walking by a shop and they just happened to have them in the window.) Amy bought me a new staub dutch oven (8 quarts of potential bliss!) and some really nice clothing and I treated myself to a new global cleaver (watch out, chickens, your non-segmented days are numbered!)  All in all, It was a much needed, blast of a trip.  Better load that software now.  peace

No comments: