You stand in the shadow of giants, well, by giants I mean one giant, well sort of...I guess, not technically, but still...

Well, this is it.  I put my invention to use on this dish and it totally exceeded expectations.  At this moment, I can't really divulge what it is, just know that it will change the way a lot of people (or at least one) cook.  I couldn't have been more elated at the results.  
Here we have a pan seared beef tenderloin w/ mushroom pan jus, savory roasted potatoes, and flash sautéed wild squash/green beans.  I salted and pepped the steaks and let sit at room temp for about an hour to take off the chill.  cubed my tates, and tossed them with oo, gs, cp, and R (olive oil, grey salt, cracked pepper, and rosemary, haha, man Rachel Ray is annoying).  Gave those a suntan at 400F, and set off to conquer the beef tricks.  So, just gave a quick sear on both sides, went around the pan once with some beef stock, red wine, and threw in my shrooms.  Put them into the oven for about 5-7 mins, depending on your doneness preferences.  Here's where it gets neato.  After beef was done, let it rest on a plate and went about tackling the pan jus.  Set the pan on a burner, added a bit of my prototype invention and whisked away until thickened.  Perfection.  It was really good, probably the best beef based sauce I have had.  Sorry I am not posting everything about my proto until it is safe for me to do so.  In the meantime, just know that I am a genius on this one thing, mostly an idiot on everything else, but on this one thing, the idea birds laid their shiny eggs inside my skull.

No comments: