tricken chicks

so, I know, the corn on the cob sticks out like a bag of sore thumbs, but at least it was good.  Haven't posted in a couple of days, another busy market weekend.  I did make this chicken and broccoli saute yesterday.  It was pretty fabtastic.  You just sear the chicken breasts (seasoned, of course) on both sides and remove from pan, add some broccoli florets, minced onion, and garlic (oh, and some olive oil.)  saute until medium firm (broccoli will be bright green, onions translucent) throw the (sliced) chicken back in, add a tiny bit of chicken broth/stock and a couple glugs of heavy cream.  Salt and peps, cook until thick as you like (I go for thick, almost thack!) and you're golden.  pretty easy.

On my way home the other day, I saw something bouncing around on the bike path.  I went to check it out and saw that it was a lost puppy.  She was really hot and thirsty and was crying/whimpering.  I called the vets number on her tag but they couldn't find her on their records.  It was getting really hot outside and I didn't really know what to do.  Luckily, I had a spare tube in my bag and a pocketknife so I cut the tube and made a make-shift leash for the puppy.  We ran into a lady that was asking about her and she agreed to take the pup to the vet or humane society.  The whole thing lasted about an hour.  I really had mixed feelings as the pup walked away.  She was such a sweet girl.  I just really hope that her owner cares enough to track her down.  If I thought my house was big enough and had enough time I would have scooped her up if no one claimed her.  I like helping lost dogs, and its a good thing , because for whatever reason, our neighborhood seems to have plenty of them.  So, If she is not claimed, and you are looking for a sweet pup, check her out on the humane society's site: www.capitalhumanesociety.org.  ( she's a brindle colored mix, maybe pit-bull.)

No comments: