Unlike blue jeans, TA gines, are not self-cleaning.



well, a lot has happened since last post.  Major kitchen revamp, a fruitful trip to o-town, and total body cleansing.  what????  oh, yes, it's true.  let's start with the food.  I made some pepper steak a few days ago.  always a quick and tasty dish.  I used sirloin steak, but really, I just use whatever is on sale.  basically, you get a cast iron super hot and throw in some veg/olive oil, (the veg oil raises the smoke point so you can add the olive, but not without the veg) thinly sliced onions and peppers (red, green, pasilla, whatever you have), garlic, super thin slices of beef, salt and peps, chili powder, cumin, coriander, cilantro, a little balsamic, and a little can of tomo sauce.  this will reduce quickly, and when that starts happening, I add beef broth, (splashes).  throw in some rice, and then just keep reducing and adding more broth.  yumsters.
Also, some get well soup was made for wifeshow.  she was feeling a little under the weather. that's whole wheat sourdough, not a baked potato.  Last night I used the new tagine for the first time.  We made a veggie tagine with potatoes, celery root, carrots, and cauliflower.  The sauce was sauteed onions, garlic and tomatoes, pureed with cumin, cinnamon, coriander, and curry powder.  it turned out pretty excellent.  I am pretty excited to cook a chicken in the tagine, but alas, that shall be another post.
DISH recommends:
Staub tagine: amazon.com???  I really couldn't find a match for the one I bought.  I got mine from TJMAXX.  duh.  anyway, I think I paid about 40 clams.  a great way to cook, things stay super moist and delicious.  highly recommended.  

No comments: